How to Get a Baby Butt Smooth (BBS) Shave
It is really hard to get a baby butt smooth clean shaven face. After so many shaving moments, good ones and mishaps ones, I finally have one. This is overdue.
You could not imagine the happiness that I experienced. I was overjoyed that I kept smiling all day long.
Without further ado, here is my baby butt smooth clean shaven face. Yay!
I finally found a good blade in the form of Astra Platinum. Yes, I only tried 2 brands so far. But I’m loving it. The blade just went surfing on my face with ease. Cutting everything without any troubles.
I reapplied lather again for XTG pass and again for ATG pass. The holy ATG pass. I finally did it without injuring myself.
How to get a clean shaven face
This is the ritual that I did resulting in my baby butt smooth clean shaven face:
- Wash your face with a mild face wash. You need to clean the obstacles for your blade.
- Warm your shaving area. A hot shower or a hot towel will do a fine job. I am still amazed at how I easily forget this step. A bad habit is really hard to break. Even my friends don’t do this step when they are shaving. So many people are wondering why they need to do this troublesome and watery step. Trust me! You will love your shave after this.
- Build up your lather. I was using a face lathering technique for the first time. I had no idea how to do it. I just followed the steps provided by my beloved friends at theshaveden.com. I was hooked instantly. Face lathering is much better than bowl lathering. I think I will never need to buy a lathering bowl. The part that I loved the most was the warm water in the brush. It kept the lather warm long enough on my face. Even for a re-applying session. Heck… It maintained heat for the whole shaving session.
- Use a new blade. I just opened a new blade. Astra Platinum. The fresh and the sharp new blade had done its wonder. It is a very sharp blade. It cut close, very close to the skin.
- Warm your blade. I don’t know if this was a crucial part or not. But I left my blade soaked in warm water. The water that I used for hot-toweling. I loved the feeling of the warm blade that did not cool down my lather. Before this, I always clean my razor in cold water. Warm lather was diminished immediately after the cold razor touched my skin.
- Do short passes. Ha-ha… I did remember to do short passes now. A very short pass. I had to force my hand to stop moving after each short pass. I did not want another face-ruining-incident.
- Across The Grain (XTG). I carefully did the second pass with XTG pass. My razor ate the remaining hair with a crunchy sound that I love. Yes. Razor makes a good crunchy sound when it does its job.
- Against The Grain (ATG). I did ATG only for finishing touches. I still miss some areas with WTG and XTG passes. I was so afraid of ATG. But the result was amazing. This ATG pass was the one responsible for the baby butt smooth shaven face I had. Be warned: ATG passes should only be done after you have become accustomed to WTG and XTG.
- Cold water wash. I washed the remaining shave cream away with cold water. This seals my pores and reduces the inflammation.
- Use an aftershave. You should always use an aftershave. I already posted the benefits of using an aftershave. You should read it here.
You should see how happy I was. It wasn’t shown, was it? I did not smile because I wanted to show how BBS my shave was.
Benefits of a clean shaven face
- It is clean. What? It is clean, right? You washed your face, scrubbing it with a shaving brush, removed dead skin cells by shaving and washed it again. It has to be clean.
- You look younger. This is arguable but I do think that people with beards are looking older than their actual age. On the other side, people are always wrong when they are guessing my age. I am looking a lot younger than my actual age.
- You look professional. A clean shave face somehow gives an impression that you pay attention to details. Of course, if you missed one or two hair, it will be sore to the eye of the beholder.
- You look friendly. I always have a bit of scare when dealing with bearded people. I never know what inhabits the beard. I am afraid that a small alien head (Sigourney Weaver’s version) will pop up from there. Hey… Santa is included here.
- You look more honest and believable. Have you seen any businessmen or politicians that wear a beard? If you know one businessman or politician that go with a beard on a daily basis, please let me know. I will have him (or her?) read this post. 😀 Do not mention George Washington era, please. They did not have the chance of reading this post!
- Attracts women. With all the traits above, do you think a female will object? I think women will welcome a young, friendly, honest, professional and clean man.
How to keep a clean shaven face
KEEP A SHAVING SCHEDULE !!
Oh, come on. You know I am going to say that. There is nothing else that you can do about it. If you want a baby butt smooth shaven face, you need to shave. Daily if you must. Every other day is recommended for a sensitive skin person. You need to give your skin time to heal, too.
Find your gear at Amazon